Racing Notes July 1, 2011:
- Kurt Busch won the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race this past weekend; the win was Busch’s first on a road course. Busch’s win was also the second of the month for Penske Racing; Brad Keselowski won at Kansas Speedway on June 5.
- Two-time Kansas Speedway winner Jeff Gordon finished second this past weekend.
- Carl Edwards, who finished third this past weekend, currently leads the Cup standings by 25 points over Kevin Harvick.
- Clint Bowyer finished fourth this past weekend and is currently eighth in the Cup point standings.
- Jamie McMurray finished 15th and is currently 27th in the point standings.
- With 10 races remaining before the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the top 12 in the standings are Carl Edwards, Kevin Harvick, Jimmie Johnson, Kurt Busch, Kyle Busch, Matt Kenseth, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Clint Bowyer, Jeff Gordon, Ryan Newman, Denny Hamlin and Tony Stewart. Between the 12, they have six NASCAR Sprint Cup Series wins at Kansas Speedway and 11 wins overall at Kansas Speedway.
- Reed Sorenson won the NASCAR Nationwide Series race this past weekend and took over the point lead in the series by five over Elliott Sadler.
- Dakoda Armstrong won the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards race this past weekend.
- The Sprint Cup and Nationwide series return to Daytona this weekend.
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series is off this weekend.
Kansas Speedway Notes:
- Kansas Speedway tickets are currently on sale for all remaining 2011 events. Tickets can be purchased online at www.kansasspeedway.com or by calling 866.460.RACE (7223).
- Richard Petty Driving Experience is running at Kansas Speedway throughout the summer. For dates, please visit www.kansasspeedway.com or www.drivepetty.com.
2011 Kansas Speedway Schedule:
Oct. 7 – O’Reilly Auto Parts Qualifying Day
Oct. 8 – NASCAR Nationwide Series Kansas Lottery 300; airs on ESPN2
Oct. 9 – NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Hollywood Casino 400 at Kansas Speedway; airs on ESPN